Are you ready for a positive and life defining P&P challenge?
‘Empowering people to live their passions’
Our purposeful mission: reimagine Communities of Passion and propel them into Self- Perpetuating Economies.
Personally & Professionally, all of us at AAQUA will ensure that Aaqua (the proposition) will be a vibrant and fluid mix of ever-evolving Passion Communities where we focus on inclusiveness, authenticity and creativity, whilst always ON, keeping it real.
We naturally respect and embrace cross- cultural diversity and encourage reimagining experiences by out- of- the- box thinking, striving to make the impossible very much possible.
We enable our people to contribute to Aaqua’s purpose by bringing their own passion to our workplace community, collaborating with a team of like-minded people from all walks of life who love what they do.
You will be a member of the Aaqua Tech team, working closely with the SRE Lead and the different engineering
teams to build out a service where the service for our members reliable, performant and observable.
Your passion and enthusiasm about building a reliable, performing and most importantly observable solution that will guide us to become a team where we feel in control, have predictable releases and operational resilience, while keeping an eye on having minimal toil. You would love to start from the ground up, being able to make your mark on what will be our observable culture.
Your contribution will include:
- Join the Site Reliability Engineering team at Aaqua focusses on 4 aspects, Self Service (removal of toil),
Incident Response, Production ready design and Observability, for this role your focus (not only) will be on
- You will drive the observability momentum forward by
- Defining best practices for engineering teams and guiding them to get deep insights into their applications in
- Ensuring that dashboards and information radiators provide the right level of information to the right people
in the organisation
- Making events traceable and introducing improvements to help the people that operate the services
- You will continuously refine monitoring processes, thresholds, and configuration for example like SLO/SLI
- You will build out the base of what we call "instrumenting our code" with libraries, examples and tooling.
- You will manage our processing environments with Infrastructure-as-Code and automate processes
- You will facilitate and improve the release management pipeline in regards to observability
- Overall, you will have an enormous influence on the way we approach reliability, which will be a crucial aspect of
- You’ll be part of an international team brought together by a culture of technical excellence, grit, integrity and
open communication. You’ll find our compensation and rewards highly competitive and better yet, expect an agile and
flat structure, dynamic growth opportunities, flexibility, and a lot of room for innovation and technologic
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or related field
- You have a track record working as a Site Reliability Engineer, Operations Engineer, or a Software Engineer
- You have experience with scripting and automation and know Linux inside out
- You have experience in working with cloud environments, including hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services.
- You have experience with Terraform and config management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, …)
- You have experience with Microservices and Orchestrators (Kubernetes, Nomad, …)
- You have worked with monitoring frameworks (e.g. Datadog, ELK, …)
- Are up to date on the recent developments in the observability lanscape (OpenTelemetry is not new to you)
- Have experience with multiple different deployment methods (Blue/Green, Canary, ...)
- Nice to have and are considered a big plus:
- Experience rolling out SLO's and Error budgets
- Delivered workshops or training on topics like monitoring, logging standards, coding guidelines
- You are fluent in English and a great communicator
- You value operability and have a high ethical standard
- You have an open and entrepreneurial mindset
- You have a thirst for learning
- You are a problem solver
- You have a big drive to transparency and openness
- You are able to work in an environment with rapidly changing priorities
- You maintain a high-quality standard, but can strike a balance between quality, flexibility and timely delivery,
without compromising on reliability.
- You are able to influence people through open communication without direct authority.
Your qualities are seen, heard and observed every day through your words, actions and behaviours. They are a key part of our DNA.
We seek our team members to be :
Your attitude is a big part of what you bring to Aaqua. It contributes hugely to our culture, which is why cultural fit is something we take very seriously when we bring on new team members.
We expect everyone to play their part in :
Putting Members First
Building an Inclusive Community
Delivering the Unexpected
Be Always Evolving, and
Keeping it Real
Why work for us
At Aaqua we are committed to real economic value distribution and this extends to our people. Aaqua is creating a work culture that caters to all your YOU's. Our total rewards package is highly attractive, with generous compensation, options programs, comprehensive medical coverage and workplace flexibility.
Developing our people is a given and the exposure you will get at Aaqua will see you always evolving, creating opportunities for rapid career advancement. By putting our "members first" (that includes YOU), you will deliver the unexpected every day. Aaqua's agile focus drives collaboration, ideation and allows you to be your true self, empowers our people and delivers a passionate and fun team.
Aaqua is a diverse and inclusive culture. We want our people to be reflective of our members and commit to a non-discriminatory culture that does not judge by; age, gender, sexual orientation and gender reassignment, race and colour, disability, religion and beliefs, pregnancy and family responsibilities, education level and all of your YOU's.
Aaqua is the place for all YOUR YOUS.
Feel like YOU are a fit for this opportunity?
If so, please send your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org