Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Are you ready for the adventure of a lifetime?
Aaqua’s purpose is to “empower people to live their passions”.
We are creating a global services platform built around PASSION COMMUNITIES across a wide range of entertainment and lifestyle categories and genres.
We empower and enable our people to contribute to Aaqua’s purpose by bringing their own passion to our workplace community, collaborating with a team of like-minded people who love what they do.
You will be a member of the Aaqua Platform Infrastructure team, working closely with the SRE team and the other engineering teams.
Your purpose is to build a top-notch, scalable, resilient and secure self-service platform which will be used by the different Aaqua engineering teams to build, deploy and run their microservices on. By making improvements and providing new functionalities on the platform you make the life of the software engineers easier, the Aaqua platform more resilient and so our members more happy.
Your contribution will include:
- Develop infrastructure-as-code on AWS using best practices.
- Develop an effective cloud infrastructure, based on good architectural principles and following security best practices
- Deliver improvements and new capabilities to our engineering teams to offer a great Developer Experience (DevExp)
- Build new tools and automation to take maximum benefit of the Cloud capabilities.
- Work on critical, highly complex scenarios/patterns in a multi-regional architecture
- Provide innovative solutions to resolve issue
- Extending and maintaining automation frameworks in the areas of infrastructure as code, CI/CD, scalability, resilience, ...
- Support the engineering teams by providing infrastructure guidance.
- Aid in reviewing design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, Technical Standards and training materials.
- You have 5+ years of hands-on experience in AWS
- You have gained several years of experience in designing applications in public cloud
- You are familiar to Virtualisation, Linux , Containers, Kubernetes
- You are familiar with cloud security concepts and able to propose architectures that match security requirements.
- You are able to propose High available and fault tolerant architectures
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks) is an asset.
- Hands-on experience in cloud automation and deployment techniques with any CI/CD platform (Jenkins, CircleCI, ArgoCD, others…)
- Familiar with monitoring and auditing systems like (New Relic , Datadog, etc.)
- Knowledge in distributed architectures and micro services
- Knowledge in planing, deploying and managing Distributed Cloud native storage services like Kafka, ElasticSearch, Neo4j etc…
- Ability to solve problems through cloud technologies, leveraging SaaS, PaaS, IaaS vendors
- Experienced and motivated to collaborate with different people, cross countries in a changing work environment
- Courageous to propose and implement challenging solutions
- Someone who understands software development processes and is proficient in agile methodologies
- Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- An effective and positive communicator
- Solid experience with Containers and preferably Kubernetes
- Knowledge in Kubernetes Operator pattern is a huge plus
- Knowledge of scripting technologies, such as Python, PowerShell, Bash
- Knowledge in Golang is a plus
- Can design and code CI/CD flows (Jenkins, Travis, CircleCI, other)
- Hands-on experience with AWS Services like EKS, EC2, EBS, S3, SES, SNS, CloudWatch, DynamoDB
- Infrastructure as code with Terraform
Your qualities are seen, heard and observed every day through your words, actions and behaviours. They are a key part of our DNA.
We seek our team members to be :
Your attitude is a big part of what you bring to Aaqua. It contributes hugely to our culture, which is why cultural fit is something we take very seriously when we bring on new team members.
We expect everyone to play their part in :
Putting Members First
Building an Inclusive Community
Delivering the Unexpected
Be Always Evolving, and
Keeping it Real
Why work for us
At Aaqua we are committed to real economic value distribution and this extends to our people. Aaqua is creating a work culture that caters to all your YOU's. Our total rewards package is highly attractive, with generous compensation, options programs, comprehensive medical coverage and workplace flexibility.
Developing our people is a given and the exposure you will get at Aaqua will see you always evolving, creating opportunities for rapid career advancement. By putting our "members first" (that includes YOU), you will deliver the unexpected every day. Aaqua's agile focus drives collaboration, ideation and allows you to be your true self, empowers our people and delivers a passionate and fun team.
Aaqua is a diverse and inclusive culture. We want our people to be reflective of our members and commit to a non-discriminatory culture that does not judge by; age, gender, sexual orientation and gender reassignment, race and colour, disability, religion and beliefs, pregnancy and family responsibilities, education level and all of your YOU's.
Aaqua is the place for all YOUR YOUS.
Feel like YOU are a fit for this opportunity?
If so, please send your interest to email@example.com