Are you ready for the adventure of a lifetime?
‘Empowering people to live their passions’
Aaqua is a refreshingly new Social experience built around passions.
We bring like-minded people, fans, icons, creators and brands together in communities - blending epic online and offline events - centred around M.A.G.I.C
(Music, Arts & Entertainment, Games, Interests and Community).
Our philosophy empowers people to live their passions through trust, positive engagement and a more democratised value-sharing ecosystem.
You will be a member of the Aaqua Tech team, working closely with the product owner and your engineering colleagues in your cross-functional squad to deliver the next great thing.
As a truly passionate engineer, you are destined to build a great experience for the mobile members on our platform.
- Aim to provide great interfaces and high quality user experiences to understand and analyze the lifestyle & driving behavior data
- Enjoy being a generalist working on user interfaces, front end, native languages, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users
- Uphold best practices in engineering, security, and design
- Attention to detail and user experience
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people, with a different technical background and focus
- Building and improving our app experience
- Collaborating with designers to develop beautiful interfaces that look great and run smoothly
- Work on our public and private APIs for making data accessible in a secure and performant manner
- Work with data engineers and scientists to track and monitor data quality from the SDK
- You have an academic degree (BSc or MSc) in computer science or a related field, complemented with a minimum of 2 years of working experience.
- Solid knowledge of TypeScript conventions and patterns, both on the frontend and backend
- Solid work experience with the NodeJS ecosystem
- Solid experience with front-end React/React Native framework
- Experience and feeling with social media environments
- You have experience with various testing patterns and supporting frameworks, (Jest, Mocha, Chai, snapshot testing, unit testing)
- Strong understanding of GraphQl and RESTFul services' conventions and architecture
- You can work independently and take matters into your own hands
- The ability to quickly learn new technologies and successfully implement them is essential
- You take pride in delivering high quality, reusable code, and user interfaces
- You know and understand the structural parts of a React application (redux, sagas, react-router/navigation (RN))
- You do not fear css-in-js patterns (RN stylesheets, styled-components, Styled Systems)
- Notions of functional programming patterns in a modern front end (hooks, immutability, pure components, stateless functions,...)
- Work experience with Neo4j, SQL and NoSQL databases
- You know how to improve or set up a modern build and CI/CD pipeline and understand the importance of the different tools involved (webpack, metro, linting, prettier, commit hooks, circle-ci,...
- You know how to use data visualization tools (and libraries like d3.js) for analyzing or debugging data
- Happy to work with (anything).js
Your qualities are seen, heard and observed every day through your words, actions and behaviours. They are a key part of our DNA.
We seek our team members to be :
Your attitude is a big part of what you bring to Aaqua. It contributes hugely to our culture, which is why cultural fit is something we take very seriously when we bring on new team members.
We expect everyone to play their part in :
Putting Members First
Building an Inclusive Community
Delivering the Unexpected
Be Always Evolving, and
Keeping it Real
Why work for us
At Aaqua we are committed to real economic value distribution and this extends to our people. Aaqua is creating a work culture that caters to all your YOU's. Our total rewards package is highly attractive, with generous compensation, options programs, comprehensive medical coverage and workplace flexibility.
Developing our people is a given and the exposure you will get at Aaqua will see you always evolving, creating opportunities for rapid career advancement. By putting our "members first" (that includes YOU), you will deliver the unexpected every day. Aaqua's agile focus drives collaboration, ideation and allows you to be your true self, empowers our people and delivers a passionate and fun team.
Aaqua is a diverse and inclusive culture. We want our people to be reflective of our members and commit to a non-discriminatory culture that does not judge by; age, gender, sexual orientation and gender reassignment, race and colour, disability, religion and beliefs, pregnancy and family responsibilities, education level and all of your YOU's.
Aaqua is the place for all YOUR YOUS.
Feel like YOU are a fit for this opportunity?
If so, please send your interest to email@example.com