Are you ready for the adventure of a lifetime?
‘Empowering people to live their passions’
Aaqua is a refreshingly new Social experience built around passions.
We bring like-minded people, fans, icons, creators and brands together in communities - blending epic online and offline events - centred around M.A.G.I.C
(Music, Arts & Entertainment, Games, Interests and Community).
Our philosophy empowers people to live their passions through trust, positive engagement and a more democratised value-sharing ecosystem.
You will be a member of the Aaqua Tech team, working closely with the product owner and your engineering colleagues in your cross-functional squad to deliver the next great thing.
As a truly passionate engineer, you are destined to build a great experience for the members on our platform.
- Aim to provide great interfaces and high quality user experiences to understand and analyze the lifestyle & driving behavior data
- Enjoy being a generalist working on user interfaces, front end, multiple programming languages, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users
- Uphold best practices in engineering, security, and design
- Attention to detail and user experience
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people, with a different technical background and focus
- Building and improving our web based, data-driven dashboards and campaign tools
- Build and maintain our web version of the product
- Contribute and add value across the entire codebase
- Creating, maintaining and shipping end-to-end social media related features
- Collaborating with designers to develop beautiful interfaces that look great and run smoothly
- Work on our public and private APIs for making data accessible in a secure and performant manner
- Occasionally support the API team on API development
- Work with data engineers and scientists to visualise and interact with complex data sets
- You have an academic degree (BSc or MSc) in computer science or a related field, complemented with a minimum of 2 years of working experience.
- Proven experience with React.js (or similar frameworks) and good understanding of it’s best practices
- Familiar with the Node.js ecosystem
- Solid experience in development responsive, cross-browser compatible web applications
- Experience in handling communication via GraphQL and RESTful APIs
- Ability to write semantic, accessible HTML
- You have experience with various testing patterns and supporting frameworks
- You care about the user experience and are able to implement pixel perfect designs using Styled Components or similar frameworks
- You can work independently and take matters into your own hands.
- You have experience building user-facing products
- The ability to quickly learn new technologies and successfully implement them is essential
- You take pride in delivering qualitative, maintainable and performant features
- Knowledge of multiple web frameworks (React.js, Angular.js, Vue.js)
- Proven experience working on features located in large Front End codebases
- Experience with modern design related frameworks and tools like Styled Components, Design Systems, and Figma
- Notions of functional programming patterns in modern Front End environments
- You have worked in an agile environment
- Experience in developing GraphQL interfaces
- Work experience with (relational or NoSQL) databases
- You have used data visualization tools, and libraries like d3.js to visualize, analyse, or debug data
- Happy to work with (anything).js
- Experience creating, maintaining and shipping social media oriented mobile applications
Your qualities are seen, heard and observed every day through your words, actions and behaviours. They are a key part of our DNA.
We seek our team members to be :
Your attitude is a big part of what you bring to Aaqua. It contributes hugely to our culture, which is why cultural fit is something we take very seriously when we bring on new team members.
We expect everyone to play their part in :
Putting Members First
Building an Inclusive Community
Delivering the Unexpected
Be Always Evolving, and
Keeping it Real
Why work for us
At Aaqua we are committed to real economic value distribution and this extends to our people. Aaqua is creating a work culture that caters to all your YOU's. Our total rewards package is highly attractive, with generous compensation, options programs, comprehensive medical coverage and workplace flexibility.
Developing our people is a given and the exposure you will get at Aaqua will see you always evolving, creating opportunities for rapid career advancement. By putting our "members first" (that includes YOU), you will deliver the unexpected every day. Aaqua's agile focus drives collaboration, ideation and allows you to be your true self, empowers our people and delivers a passionate and fun team.
Aaqua is a diverse and inclusive culture. We want our people to be reflective of our members and commit to a non-discriminatory culture that does not judge by; age, gender, sexual orientation and gender reassignment, race and colour, disability, religion and beliefs, pregnancy and family responsibilities, education level and all of your YOU's.
Aaqua is the place for all YOUR YOUS.
Feel like YOU are a fit for this opportunity?
If so, please send your interest to email@example.com