DPO and Privacy Lead
Singapore, Central Singapore, SingaporeSafety & Integrity
Are you ready for a life and career defining personal & professional challenge?
‘Empowering people to live their passions’
Aaqua is a refreshingly new social experience built around people, purpose and passions.
We bring like-minded people, fans, icons, creators and brands together in communities - blending epic original ~content, ~initiatives and epic physical events - centred around M.A.G.I.C.
(M.usic, A.rts & Entertainment, G.ames, I.nterests and C.ommunity).
Our philosophy is to empower people to live their passions in a safe place, with relevant engagement, genuine transparency and a democratised value system.
You will be a member of the Trust & Safety team, working closely with your leads, Director of Trust and Safety
Your role as Data Protection Officer will focus on creating, executing and managing key policy guidelines. You will be defining global vision and direction in supporting Aaqua’s vision.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and administering both regional and global privacy policies and standards in coordination with Aaqua’s goal and mission to empower people to live their passions, and in alignment with various regulatory requirements
- Designing a strategy for designing, creating and rolling out of privacy programs and initiatives and delivering best in class privacy practices for Aaqua members and its partners
- Conducting risk assessment/audit
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to produce quality privacy programs protection and terms within Aaqua
- Review, track and analyse privacy policies throughout to ensure consistency, efficiency and compliant with industry standards
- Independently review controls and procedures to implement applicable privacy policies and applicable privacy-related laws, regulations and any country or region-specific procedures developed by the front line functions and design and/or coordinate independent testing as appropriate
- Potentially lead a team of privacy specialists globally at steady state.
- J.D., LLB or an equivalent law degree and good standing in a bar association, or a relevant degree from recognized university
- Experience in online privacy or other similar privacy field for the past 5+ years
- Strong project management and organizational skills as you will be required to work in a hybrid environment across multiple stakeholders located across the globe
- A good grasp of the key stakeholders in the privacy network, particularly in EU and additionally APAC
Luckily for you travel is not a requirement of this role so you'll be able to spend more time with your friends and family
Why work with us
At Aaqua we are committed to real economic value distribution and this extends to our people. Aaqua is creating a work culture that caters to all your YOU's. Our total rewards package is highly attractive, with generous compensation, options programs, comprehensive medical coverage and workplace flexibility.
Developing our people is a given and the exposure you will get at Aaqua will see you always evolving, creating opportunities for rapid career advancement. By putting our "members first" (that includes YOU), you will deliver the unexpected every day. Aaqua's agile focus drives collaboration, ideation and allows you to be your true self, empowers our people and delivers a passionate and fun team.
Aaqua is a diverse and inclusive culture. We want our people to be reflective of our members and commit to a non-discriminatory culture that does not judge by; age, gender, sexual orientation and gender reassignment, race and colour, disability, religion and beliefs, pregnancy and family responsibilities, education level and all of your YOU's.
Aaqua is the place for all YOUR ‘YOUS’!
Feel like YOU are a fit for this opportunity?
If so, please send your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org