Are you ready for the adventure of a lifetime?
Aaqua’s purpose is to “empower people to live their passions”.
We are creating a global services platform built around PASSION COMMUNITIES across a wide range of entertainment and lifestyle categories and genres.
We empower and enable our people to contribute to Aaqua’s purpose by bringing their own passion to our workplace community, collaborating with a team of like-minded people who love what they do.
You will be a member of the Aaqua Engineering team, working closely with the product owner and your engineering colleagues in your cross-functional squad to deliver the next great thing.
Your passion to build high-quality software will drive the team to deliver a great platform that brings a lot of value to our members.
Your contribution will include:
- Set up data processing pipelines (streaming and batch)
- Help drive and implement our broader data strategy based on a data mesh architecture
- Work closely with the other engineers in your squad, the product owner and the other teams to continuously deliver high-quality, maintainable, scalable and production-ready software
- Uphold best practices in engineering, security, quality and design
- Implement components given the requirements based upon analysis by the product owners
- Cover your code with the necessary test automation
- Set up the necessary CI/CD pipelines to deliver your code to production in a fully automated way
- Take full responsibility for the things you build and deliver to production by making sure that, together with the SRE team, the right monitoring and alerting is in place
- Perform root cause analysis, based on feedback from our members, our monitoring systems and metrics
- You have an academic degree (BSc or MSc) in computer science or a related field, complemented with a minimum of 5 years of working experience.
- You have strong experience in data engineering and distributed computation frameworks (Spark, Flink, ...), data modeling and storage (Kafka, S3, Redshift, Druid, Elastic Search...)
- You understand data science and BI practices to convert data into information and eventually knowledge
- You have good understanding of data quality concepts and tooling
- You have good experience programming in Java and/or Python and master SQL.
- You can properly structure your code supporting long term maintainability.
- You have extensive knowledge in engineering tooling with respect to building, correctness testing and checking code quality and code coverage of the tests.
- Knowledge of version control through git is essential.
- You know your way around the Linux operating system.
- You have deep knowledge of both RDBMS and non relational storages. Graph databases are a big plus too
- You can work independently and take matters into your own hands.
- The ability to quickly learn new technologies and successfully implement them is essential.
- Work experience with scalable infrastructure (Docker, Kubernetes, ...)
- Experience with AWS or another cloud provider is a plus.
- Experience with machine learning and data mining is a big plus.
Your qualities are seen, heard and observed every day through your words, actions and behaviours. They are a key part of our DNA.
We seek our team members to be :
Your attitude is a big part of what you bring to Aaqua. It contributes hugely to our culture, which is why cultural fit is something we take very seriously when we bring on new team members.
We expect everyone to play their part in :
Putting Members First
Building an Inclusive Community
Delivering the Unexpected
Be Always Evolving, and
Keeping it Real
Why work for us
At Aaqua we are committed to real economic value distribution and this extends to our people. Aaqua is creating a work culture that caters to all your YOU's. Our total rewards package is highly attractive, with generous compensation, options programs, comprehensive medical coverage and workplace flexibility.
Developing our people is a given and the exposure you will get at Aaqua will see you always evolving, creating opportunities for rapid career advancement. By putting our "members first" (that includes YOU), you will deliver the unexpected every day. Aaqua's agile focus drives collaboration, ideation and allows you to be your true self, empowers our people and delivers a passionate and fun team.
Aaqua is a diverse and inclusive culture. We want our people to be reflective of our members and commit to a non-discriminatory culture that does not judge by; age, gender, sexual orientation and gender reassignment, race and colour, disability, religion and beliefs, pregnancy and family responsibilities, education level and all of your YOU's.
Aaqua is the place for all YOUR YOUS.
Feel like YOU are a fit for this opportunity?
If so, please send your interest to email@example.com